You are here

THQ Nordic announces acquisition of Carmageddon IP

Dark_Pontifex's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Kickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
THQ Nordic announces acquisition of Carmageddon IP
#1 Submitted: Mon, 03/12/2018 - 16:45

Quote:
Dec 3rd 2018, Vienna, Austria and Newport, Isle of Wight, UK.

Today, THQ Nordic AB announced the closing of the acquisition of the Carmageddon intellectual property from Stainless Games Ltd at an undisclosed purchasing price.

“This deal allows Carmageddon to find the home that it deserves”, declared Patrick Buckland, Executive Chairman and Founder of Stainless. “As an independent developer we have invested a huge amount of time and money into the brand since reacquiring it in 2012, but we have never had the resources to maximise its exploitation. It is our intention to work with THQ Nordic moving forwards, allowing Carmageddon to find its rightful place in the video games pantheon.”

“Carmageddon finally crashed its way into our portfolio. Some pedestrians and a couple of members of the Bovinae subfamily might have (virtually) been killed in the process” added Jan Binsmaier, Publishing Director at THQ Nordic. “With over twenty years of franchise history, and yes, I feel a little older just saying this, and such a passionate and dedicated fan-base worldwide, we are confident we hit the right target.”

Buckland added “This is the start of a new chapter in the story of one of the world’s most anarchic game brands”. Binsmaier concluded by observing that “We are proud of every single addition to the franchise catalogue, so it goes without saying that this is the case here, too”.

http://www.stainlessgames.com/news/thq-nordic-ab-announces-acquisition-carmageddon-ip

Psyrgery's picture
Piledriver
Kickstarter Backer
Submitted: Mon, 03/12/2018 - 17:03

EDIT: Yeah, so the IP got purchased by THQ Nordiq and looks like Stainless is no longer involved with Carmageddon anymore.

I really don't know what to feel about it. Apathetic would be the right word.

Edited by: Psyrgery on Mon, 03/12/2018 - 18:40

Max is back. Let there be blood and motor oil

AlexTSK's picture
I was in the War!
Submitted: Tue, 04/12/2018 - 09:28

Too many questions up in the air right now and not enough answers, I guess we'll just have to wait and see where this goes. Fingers crossed the website and all its content will continue living on.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter Backer
Submitted: Tue, 04/12/2018 - 16:22

Posting during downtime!

... and carmageddon add-ons at road reaction.

Trent's picture
I was in the War!
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 04/12/2018 - 16:23

Maybe we should spam the forum as almost no one can access it?

Fr0nt's picture
Piledriver
Twitch ChampKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 04/12/2018 - 17:16

[morpheus] WE ARE STILL HERE! [/morpheus]

Fr0nt's picture
Piledriver
Twitch ChampKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Tue, 04/12/2018 - 17:16

once is enough

Edited by: Fr0nt on Tue, 04/12/2018 - 17:17
CzechDeath's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Community VIPKickstarter BackerCompetition Winner
Submitted: Wed, 05/12/2018 - 11:38

Wellp that concludes this little storyline.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Fri, 14/12/2018 - 17:00

Still posting during down time!

This is the new "Checking Who's Online". Only veteran carmaheads will get this one.

MOV_Games's picture
Cunning Stunt Licker
Submitted: Sun, 23/12/2018 - 18:19

Replaying to your comment as the Forum is so broken on my end I can't even post normally (the address now also has web1 at the start which might be causing this?).

Well anyway, I was expecting something like this after the two or so years of little news or activity. I hope that THQ Nordic treat Carmageddon with respect and manage to potentially create a new game in the series at some point.

It's been fun.

I've also been archiving my own posts and a couple other sections of the site through Wayback Machine before it eventually goes down.

Toshiba-3's picture
Velociraptor Fister
Submitted: Tue, 22/01/2019 - 16:44

Posting on the zombie forum in 2019!